For some players, the game defaults to "Gold Mode" which does not include the DLC or balance changes that were made after the game was released.
In order to resolve this issue, please try the steps below. If your issue persists after following a step, try the next one in the list:
Delete your Content Cache
- To do this, launch your Xbox 360
- From the Xbox 360 menu, scroll over to your Xbox Settings
- Select Storage
- Select your Hard drive
- Select System Items
- Select Content Cache
- Confirm that you wish to delete your Content Cache
- Re-download the latest update
- Choose your hard drive as your storage location when launching the game
- If you are using other storage devices for their main save location, (such as the cloud) please follow the above steps, replacing the hard drive with the storage device being used.
Select a different storage location
- Start the game and select a different storage location than where the game save is actually stored.
- You should be prompted to set your "safe zone" screen size and do a tutorial. You can select to skip the tutorial.
- Go to Options / Settings. Select your real storage location from there.
Clear your System Cache
In order to do this, please follow the instructions in the article here.
Delete all previous DLC data and re-download it
- To do this, switch to the Settings tab on your dashboard and then click System.
- Under storage, select your Storage device
- Select "Games and Apps" and then "Guardians of Middle-earth"
- Delete the listed DLC items but be careful not to delete your game saves
- Redownload your DLC via the game menu
Load a different save
Load into Gold mode then select regular mode
If the steps above fail, please try the following:
- When Guardians of Middle-earth Starts and asks for you to select a storage device, press "B" on your controller to select no storage device
- Select "No" when asked whether you want to select a device instead of continuing
- Press "RB" to switch to the wheel icon for the Help & Options menu
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Select Storage Device" from this list and choose the location where your game is saved
- This should allow you to play with your DLC and existing game save