If you are experiencing difficulties playing or loading in to Middle-earth: Shadow of War – The Mobile Game, then it is worth checking to see whether an update is available for either your Operating System (OS) or the game itself.
Note that this article is for iOS devices. For assistance with these processes on an Android device please see this article.
To check for an Operating System update on iOS follow the steps below. Note that these steps may be slightly different if you are using an older version of iOS:
1. From your Home page/App list select Settings
2. Select General from the list of Settings
3. Select Software Update to check for Operating System updates
After checking to make sure your OS is up to date, you should also make sure the game is up to date. To do this:
1. Select the App Store from your App list
2. Select "Updates" from the bottom right of the App Store
3. Any apps that have updates available will show here. If an update is available for any app on this list including Middle-earth: Shadow of War, select the "Update" button next to it.
If you expected a game update to show here and it does not, the update may not be available for your device or region. Please check the game's website or social pages (Facebook and forums) for announcements regarding game updates.