Table of Contents
Important Note: For players who own the PS4 and Xbox One physical disc release of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition, the add-on content in that edition will be part of the disc installation. There is no code redemption required.
To access and start downloading your add-ons, please follow these steps.
- In the [Games home screen], scroll all the way to the right and select [Game Library].
- Select the correct game from your library
- Scroll down and to highlight and select the [Add On] section
- Select the content that you wish to download or purchase. Scrolling all the way to the right will present a View All option where you can download specific add-ons.
Note: Players on the PlayStation 5 will be playing the PlayStation 4 version of the game via backwards compatibility.
- Visit the page for your game in your PS4 Home Menu or Game Library.
- Select the game and scroll down to the “PlayStation™ Store” section at the bottom.
- From the “Your Add-ons” section, you can manually download individual pieces of released content that you already own, including the latest character.
- If the content you are looking for is not listed under “Your Add-ons,” you can scroll past this option in the “PlayStation™Store” section of the Game Page and select “View All.”
- Content that you are entitled to download for free, but do not already own, will be shown here with a cost listed as “Free.”
- After selecting the content and starting the download, it will be listed under “Your Add-ons,” if you want to download it again in the future.
- Highlight and select [PlayStation Network] in your PlayStation 3 cross-media bar.
- Select [Account Management]
- Select [Transaction Management]
- Select [Download List].
- This is an entire list of everything that has been purchased on the account. You can scroll to the timeframe in which you believe you made the purchase and each item will be displayed with a [Download] button.
Items redeemed at different times will appear in different places throughout the Download List. If you own a Season Pass or add-on bundle, the content that was released so far (at the time of the code redemption or purchase) will be grouped together. Season Pass content that was released at a later time may appear at a different place in the list.
Note: As of October 2020, PlayStation 3 Add-on content and games can only be purchased through a PlayStation 3 console. PS3 content purchases are no longer available via a web browser and mobile. You can find more information on this from PlayStation here.
- From the Main Menu, go to the [Games] Tab on your Xbox 360.
- Select [Search Games] and enter the title of your game into the search bar and choose the correct game that appears in the search results.
- From the Overview for this game, go to the [Extras] tab and choose [See All]
- In this menu, all purchased content will be displayed with a green checkmark icon. Choose the content you wish to download and select [Download Again].
Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X
- Go to My Games and Apps.
- Locate your title under the Games section and press the [View] button on your controller (the button with 2 square icons under the Xbox button).
- Select your game on the right side of the screen with the [A] button.
- On the drop-down menu where you see the text [All items], press the A button and choose [Ready to Install].
- Select the available add-on that you wish to install or press [Select all].
- Highlight Save changes and press the [A] button. This add-on content will be added to your download queue!
If you find that you're still having trouble accessing some add-on content, we suggest giving these steps a try:
- Fully close/quit out of the game on your console
- Select Manage game and add-ons -> Uninstall impacted add-ons
- Settings -> General -> Power mode & startup > Full shutdown
- Wait a minute
- Restart Xbox
- Select Manage game and add-ons > reinstall the impacted add-on content.
- Go to [Library] in Steam.
- Locate the correct title in your list of games, then right-click it and select [Properties].
- On the DLC tab of the Properties menu, any DLC you own will be listed.
- Under the "Install" column, a checkbox will show if the DLC has been downloaded and installed.
- You can check this box to start the download.
If the “Install” box for the add-on content is already checked but you still cannot access it in-game, follow these instructions:
- Open the [Properties] menu for the game in your Steam Library again.
- Click the [Local Files] tab.
- From here, select [Verify Integrity of Game Files].
- After this process completes, check in-game again to see whether you can now access the content you are trying to use.