Shadow of War
UPDATE 1.8 NOTES
- A new PvP feature allows players to pit a team of up to 4 of their branded Orcs (plus one controllable Champion) against their opponents’ teams (opponents from all realms), as they attempt to move up the Orc Arena leaderboards and earn unique rewards. Other players will also try to attack their team and defeat them (players don’t lose their points if defeated). The first beta season will start on 4/23.
- Each day, players will be able to attempt a single “run,” during which the player will try to defeat up to 7 consecutive opponents and earn a score to place on the leaderboards. Each players’ highest score for each run will appear on the leaderboards.
- Each victory will give points to the player, with players earning more points for defeating more powerful opponents (more risk = more points). Players will have to choose between 3 opponent teams of different levels (easy, medium and hard).
- The player will be able to increase their score even further by using “boosted” Champions. Each season, 4 Champions will be boosted, meaning that players who use any of those Champions on their team will be given a significant point bonus for each win. Boosted champions will rotate every season.
- At the end of a season (Thursday to Tuesday), the players will get rewards according to their rank in the leaderboard which is based on their season’s best score. They will also get rewards based on their highest offensive score (sum of 7 consecutive battle scores) and defense scores (player’s highest score from a single successful defense).
- The leaderboards will be broken up into a number of tiers/leagues all players to compete for rewards. (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Mithril, Ithildin)
- Only and exclusively in this feature, players will be able to get a new special currency: the Arena Token that they can use in the store to buy exclusive items such as characters glyphs, Ithildin to forge inscriptions or experience scrolls.
Champion Vs Champion Preview
- The foundation of our biggest competitive event has been introduced with the release of 1.8. We will soon be introducing an 8 player real-time 4v4 event, where each player brings a Champion. More details soon!
Player Cap Increased
- Increase player, Champion, and Orc level cap to 100
- Increased Stronghold levels
- New Red Ring level
- Added 3 new Red Runes
Please sign in to leave a comment.